RIGHTS IN CRISIS PROGRAMME LEAD
Closing date: 15 Nov 2019
Internal Job Grade - C1, Global
Contract type - Open Ended
Reporting to - Country Humanitarian Programme Manager
Staff reporting to this post - RIC Advisor and matric management of RIC staff in DRC
Locations - Goma and geographical area to be covered in the role.
Annual Budget - 50.000 EURO
Shaping a stronger Oxfam for people living in poverty.
Contribute to the development and implementation of innovative and effective RIC programs. Manage the implementation of the national strategy RIC.To provide strategic direction and technical support to the RIC team in DRC. Work closely with the various programs Lead (Protection, Gender, etc.), and provide guidance to the RIC strategy in the DRC and .a technical support to provincial teams RIC.
Strategy / Coordination: 50% time spend
- Provide leadership to the programme to develop a strategy for RIC
- Work with National Programme Team and other relevant colleagues to facilitate strategic discussions.
- Consolidate and analyse context information, research and learnings into the strategy
- Organise internal and external meetings on Oxfam RIC strategy implementation in DRC
- Lead in collaboration with National Program Manager and Funding staff the identification and process of national and international partners for Oxfam RIC program in DRC.
- Coordinating the overall portfolio of ongoing partnerships and projects in the RIC programme in close collaboration with the responsible project teams and other staff as well as with various Oxfam Partner Affiliates representatives involved in the RIC programme
- Lead the development and implementation of the national strategy RIC Oxfam taking into account all the lessons learned and evaluations
- Coordinate the development of pilot innovations and projects in the field of RIC, document and capitalize experiences and contribute to the development of the RIC sector at national and regional level
- Coordinate the development of new RIC project proposals in collaboration with the provincial team respecting Oxfam norms and standards, the protection needs , gender , environmental, and HIV / AIDS, project sustainability and proper functioning of the systems maintenance, appropriate exit strategies , and the spirit of partnership .
- Provide technical and analytical input into key discussions around RIC
- Work with RIC team, National Programme Manager and National Humanitarian Programme Manager, to explore links between programmes.
- Provide technical support and backstopping to Provincial Managers in ensuring implementation of project activities and managing partnerships;
- Join/support PMs in the analysis and contextualization of RIC issues in DRC and share analysis with Country Programme Manager and RIC team.
- Maintain a country RIC analysis linking on-the-ground developments with wider National issues and events (including protection assessments where appropriate)
Management: 30% time spend
- Matrix Management of the RIC staff in DRC (in collaboration with the Provincial Coordinators). Contribute to the development of their goals, give regular feedback and participate in the evaluation of their performance.
- Ensure the quality of RIC Oxfam's programs and partners in collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation Adviser, for the planning and implementation of monitoring, evaluation and learning, incorporating community participation and our accountability to beneficiaries
- Follow activities in the field (30% of his time visiting) for the successful implementation of programs
- Coordinate the activity reports produced by the EHA Province Coordinators in cooperation with Funding
- Conduct a process of developing the capacity of EHA staff and improving the technical aspects (including designs of drinking water and sanitation supply items) and the promotional activities on hygiene, standardization and adaptability the context and needs
Advocacy / representation: 20% time spend
- Develop the 'networks' strategic partners (authorities, other NGOs, UN Agencies, Donors ... ) in Kinshasa for RIC programs and represent the interests of the provinces at national level.
- Participate in various forums on the RIC (clusters, coordination meetings, government thematic groups)
- Contribute to advocacy to support the development of national RIC country strategy for vulnerable
- Represent Oxfam in the different coordination meetings and for research funds from projects RIC ensuring good visibility of Oxfam approaches
- Work closely with other sectoral coordinators and support departments to have good communication on the needs and resources in the implementation of programs
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Higher education in RIC technical field
- Experience in humanitarian and development contexts
- Experience of at least 5 years in managing complex RIC programs including drafting project proposals / budgets / reports and the development of monitoring and evaluation systems
- Experience working with local NGOs as partners, evaluation and capacity building
- Experience in advocacy (with all stakeholders, donors, international organizations, UN agencies ...)
- Good coordination and team work skills
- Experience of working under pressure,
- Good knowledge of French and English speaking and writing
- Previous project management experience
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking ability and experience of high-level strategic discussions
- Good understanding of security and development debates and theories as well as a good understanding of gender dimensions to programmes.
- Experience working in the region on similar work and good understanding of DRC
- Track record of M&E work and documentation of knowledge
- Track record of high performance and ability to deliver in high pressure environments
- Understanding of gender in development and in conflict
- Experience of working with UN agencies, government bodies and ability to build coalitions and gain consensus
- Strong interpersonal skills including good team work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to motivate, influence and negotiate both internally and externally, strong English and French skills.
- Sympathy with the aim of Oxfam to end poverty and suffering.
- Knowledge of humanitarian and RIC programming
- Experience of capacity building and working effectively with civil society in African contexts (D)
- French written and verbal skills
- Research experience within East Africa and Central Africa
How to apply:
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile using the link below: